Thursday, April 15, 2010

Compulsory Blog Post 6-Intrapersonal (From Hari's Point of View)

Why am I so unlucky to have such a useless, drunkard father? Why must I be the sole breadwinner for my family? Why should I allow that irresponsible and inconsiderate father of mine to waste the money I earn on his toddy? Why can't he be like the other men in the village and go out to sea and fish like them? Why is it that he can't earn money for the family and care for us? Why does he not care about my sick mother, who is lying in bed, getting frailer each day? Why?

Even my dog, Pinto, has died! The small piece of land we own is bare. All my sisters know is to cry all day. How am I going to survive like this? I have no money at home. How am I supposed to buy food and daily necessities?

Should I go to Bombay? There are surely lots of job opportunities there. Or should I wait in Thul for a job in one of the many factories which will be built soon? However, I might not even be able to find a job in the factories as I have no skill at all. I did not even complete my university, so will they even want to hire me?

No comments:

Post a Comment