Sunday, July 17, 2011

Blog Post 35 - Narrative prose without adjective and adverb

It was around 6 a.m. on a Sunday morning. My phone rang. I thought to myself: “Who could be calling at this hour?” I jumped out of bed and went to get my phone. I stared at the number displayed on the screen. Below it was the name “Ah Guang”. I was shocked. Whenever Ah Guang called, it meant that something bad is about to happen. Ah Guang was the leader of my gang, and he had many enemies outside. I did not know what he had done this time.

I hesitated before picking up my phone. “Hello?” I breathed.

“Ah Meng,” replied Ah Guang, “I need your help now. I have just gotten into trouble with some members of another gang. Bring your group to Clementi now. Contact Ah Seng and the other group leaders and instruct them to bring their men to Clementi now!” The next thing I heard was a beep tone and he hung up.

I rushed to change into a t-shirt and a pair of jeans. I carried out Ah Guang’s instructions and did as I was told. The other groups were also notified. After that, I dashed to meet my men, and together we rushed over to Clementi to meet our leader.

We met our leader at our rendezvous and we went to meet with the other gang to settle things. As usual, the two leaders spoke face to face. If they were able to come to an agreement, everything would turn out well. Or else, a fight would occur.

This time, things did not turn out well. A fight heated up. Many were injured. In the end, a few people from my gang and me who were not injured managed to escape. We were lucky to escape without a scratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment