Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Term 2 LA ACE Blog Post 1 - Recent CIP Experience

On the 21st of March 2011, my class went on a CIP to St. Andrew's Cathedral, Home for the Aged, to interact with the old folks. At the old folks home, we sang some songs for the old folks and chatted with them. It was really fun to interact with the elderly and get to understand more about them.

This was an extremely meaningful experience for me. I learnt that the society was neglecting the old folks and shunning them away. After speaking with the elderly, I got to know that many of them felt really lonely. The elderly told me that they really wish to see their children again, and I can sympathise with them. All parents love their children dearly and I am sure the elderly will miss their children a lot. I really hope that their children can afford to take some time out of their busy schedule to visit their parents at the old folks' home.

The biggest thing I gained from this experience is that we should all be filial to our parents and perform our duty of taking good care of them in future. After all our parents have done for us, it is only right that we look after them well in future, and not abandon them by putting them in the old folks' home care. I also learnt how to show care and concern for the elderly.

I really enjoyed this CIP and I hope to attend more of them in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment