Wednesday, March 2, 2011

LA ACE Blog Post 11 - What I Learnt From Mississippi Burning

I feel that the movie Mississippi Burning is a very interesting movie which has taught me many things. From the movie, I learnt that the Mississippi people in the past were racist and they discriminate the Negroes. The whites do not even respect the Negroes' human rights and do not treat them like humans. Instead, they treated the Negroes cruelly and badly, and tortured and abused the Negroes. The police force there were even more evil than the normal civilians there. The Ku Klux Klan burnt the Negroes' houses and killed Negroes mercilessly, but the law did nothing to punish them.

Luckily, the 2 FBI officers from Washington DC respected the Negroes' rights and treated them equally like the whites. They tried to help the Negroes have a better life but due to the biasedness of Mississippi, there was very little things which the FBI officers could do to help the Negroes escape from their suffering.

To me, I feel that everyone should be treated the same, regardless of race, nationality or religion etc. I also feel that law enforcers should be fair and not biased. The Mississippians should put themselves in the Negroes' shoes. I believe that the Mississippians would not enjoy being tortured and treated like animals. The Negroes are innocent and did not offend anyone but people just burn down their houses and kill them just because of their skin colour. I feel that the Mississippians are going overboard and I hope that they can stop being so cruel and evil. They would surely get their retribution if they continue behaving in this manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment