Friday, March 25, 2011

Term 2 LA ACE Blog Post 2 - Racism

content="Microsoft Word 11">

1. In my opinion, I feel that there is more that can be done to combat racism. In many parts of the world, racism still exists but not much is done to curb the problem. In those places, the whites treat the Negroes really badly. They torture the Negro slaves cruelly and mercilessly. However, nobody tries to stop the whites from doing so but instead encourage their unacceptable behaviour.


To me, racism is something that cannot be tolerated. I feel that we should treat everyone equally. Everyone have equal rights, why should we discriminate people with different skin colours and races? I believe that more can be done other than racial harmony day. We have to stop racism at all costs. Therefore, I feel that not enough is done to combat racism.


2. I feel that there can be a campaign to curb racism in Singapore. Instead of having racial harmony day once per year, we can also have other campaigns to promote racial harmony. As Singaporeans, we should also play a part against racism. We should all interact with people of all races and not discriminate other races.


I feel that the best way to stop racism is to control ourselves. We should all try to make friends of other races and understand their culture better, so that we will not despise them. We must respect all races because everyone is equal, regardless of language, race or religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment