Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Blog Post 4 - Most Valuable Thing I Learnt Last Year

The most important thing I learnt in Language Arts last year was comprehension skills. When I first entered Hwa Chong, my comprehension skills were weak and I did not do well in comprehension.

After Mr Lundberg taught us some comprehension skills, I found that doing comprehension is actually not very difficult. We just have to read the passage carefully, and analyse the questions carefully too. We then have to go back to the passage to find out the key points which is needed to answer the respective questions. Mr Lundberg also taught us that if we did not understand a word in the passage, we should just try to see how the word is used in the sentence, and then try to interperate the meaning of it.

I feel that these comprehension skills are the most valuable thing that I learnt last year in Language Arts as without these skills, I would still be struggling with comprehension now.

No comments:

Post a Comment