Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Post 6 - Learning Goals for Language Arts this Year

My learning goals for Language Arts this year is to improve in my understanding of poems, to improve in my vocabulary, and to improve in my literature skills.

The reason why I want to improve in my understanding of poems is because sometimes, I cannot really understand the exact meaning of the poem. Thus, I would not be able to answer the questions properly if I cannot understand everything in the poem.

I also have to improve in my vocabulary, because when I am doing comprehension, it is very important that I can understand most of the words in the passage, so that I can answer the questions effectively. If my vocabulary is weak, I would not be able to do well in Language Arts, because I will lose out to my classmates.

Lastly, I want to improve in my literature skills because when I first read the book " To Kill A Mockingbird", I found that it was quite difficult to understand the story. However, after re-reading the first parts a few times, I managed to grasp hold of the content of the story, and I found that the book which I thought was so difficult to read at first was actually such an interesting and touching story. This is why I want to improve in my literature skills, so that I can read more story books with a better understanding of the content.

No comments:

Post a Comment